No sane soul hurts deliberately. Yet hurts happen. I am talking about emotional hurts, which remain deep rooted as we don’t want to share them for fear of ridicule or exposing our relationships, which may appear to be loving and smooth.
Why do people hurt?
- Insensitivity towards others
- Lack of emotional quotient
- Lack of communication skills
- Own selfish motives.
Selfish people never think of others. Even if they do, their own pursuits are so overwhelming for them that they are able to justify themselves. They buy peace with self- arguments and get rid of the guilt of hurting their own near and dear ones.
Sometimes vile and toxic people around them encourage them in their goals, by glorifying their efforts to guide them. Such people snatch them away from their most loved friends and relatives.
Sometimes we hurt others unknowingly. We use such words, which pierce the hearts, without realizing their impact
Have you ever felt the depth of hurt? It is much deeper than we think it to be.
We keep burying the emotional hurts into the deepest corners of our hearts and only address them when they become unbearable. At this point we think of going to the therapists who direct us back to our own efforts!
So self-healing is the only answer and that too can be achieved with great effort:
1. Keep the thoughts of hurts away by engaging in meaningful tasks.
2. If you must think, try to analyze why you were hurt, who is responsible.
3. There is no harm in admitting if you are the cause. It will help in keeping your mind clear of all the clutter.
4. Accept the fact that the person who has hurt you is no longer attached to you; he or she doesn’t care about your feelings.
5. So it is better to detach yourself.
6. Be Positive. Respect yourself.
7. Above all, forgive and forget. Forgiveness is the first step to self-healing.
It is very painful to detach, I know. That is why probably, time is given the greatest credit but in reality, only self-efforts have the healing power.
Can hurts ever be forgotten?
We try to deny them in our mind. We tell ourselves that they don’t matter to us but the emotional wounds get deeper if we don’t acknowledge them.
Emotional hurts leave longer shadows behind them. Unlike physical hurts, they are invisible but the marks they make on our psyche are indelible.
While some hurts may be subtle, some stare starkly at you and become a burden.
It’s your turn to share your valuable opinion about healing emotional hurts.
If you have liked this post, please consider free subscription. You just have to fill your email in the box at your right, in the sidebar.
Thank you for being here. Please share this post at your favorite networks.