When I think of impressive personalities, consistency seems to be the most important requirement. We may feel more detached and free in today’s world, dedication and sincerity may appear to be a bit outdated but they are still revered and valued.
Consistency of principles and conduct give a distinctive shape to our personality. When we don’t change our behavior in the midst of crisis, under pressure or due to threats, when the influence of circumstances doesn’t crush us or change us, we can call ourselves consistent.
Consistency in relationships is the key to happiness and serenity. All relationships need an assurance, an assertion and an affirmation that they can be banked upon. Consistency lends that much needed emotional mortar to firm our relationships.
Consistent parents raise happy and healthy children and make a positive mark on their ever-evolving personality.
Dedication and sincerity are the offshoots of consistency, which align our actions with our concepts.
“Consistency makes the rain drops to create holes in the rock. Whatever is difficult can be done easily with regular attendance, attention and action.” -― Israelmore Ayivor
Just consider what consistency can do:
- Consistency of thoughts evolves us into a better person. Even if our thoughts happen to be negative at times, they are shoved away by being positive and consistent.
- Consistency of beliefs leads us through the darkest tunnels of our mind. Trust speaks to us during those disappointing moments to focus on positive aspects of life.
- Consistency of values makes us a luminous personality. It makes us as tall and as bright as the lighthouse. People notice that consistency and get inspired.
- Consistency of upright behavior endears us to all our acquaintances and friends who know that they can pin their hope on us.
- Consistency of affirmative outlook sends a positive message to all those around us.
- Consistency of diet, exercise and meditation keeps us healthy and fit.
Despite all the good that consistency brings to our relationships, and us… nobody cares about it! Why?
It is probably very demanding.
Demands of consistency:
- Our actions should be in harmony with our values.
- We must uphold our principles in all situations.
- We treat all people with the same respect that we expect from them.
- We need to maintain our integrity even during difficult times.
- We have to come up to the expectations of others.
Our actions reveal our values and principles. If we don’t follow them consistently, we give out a clear message that we are faking our relationships. It is our behavior that exhibits what lies within us.‘ Without consistency there is no moral strength’- Owen
Dedication and sincerity:
I know these two terms are quite discomforting. One day, when I was emphasizing on their importance, one of my students kept staring at me in a strange manner, very clearly conveying through his looks that I was going overboard and should come back to the topic, which had triggered the so called ‘sermon.’
I could never forget those looks!
Those looks followed me, haunted me yet they couldn’t deter me from talking about these values whenever I got the opportunity.
Consistency, dedication and sincerity can enrich your personality.
How they help:
My conviction is that it is our zeal, our passion for work, which makes us noticeable. Whether you are a homemaker, trying to make your home more comfortable and loving, an entrepreneur or an ordinary worker, dedication and sincerity gleam through your work.
My friend, we can call her ‘Sage’ was so committed to her work that she was the admiration and envy of her colleagues, some of them waiting in the grass to pull her down the ladder of success. That did not deter her from her path.
She didn’t change her personality to please others.
She didn’t worry about being disliked.
She became a source of inspiration for many young men and women who were aspiring to make a mark through their work.
She has got many accolades for completing all the projects within the stipulated time despite the challenges she had to face in the form of limited resources and lack of support.
All those who interact with her immensely esteem her sincerity.
“When pure sincerity forms within, it is outwardly realized in other people’s hearts.” – Lao Tzu
Sincerity is like ‘truth’, which gives more of pain and poise but has long-term effects.
Have you ever felt admiration and pride for some persons? In what way are they special?
Have you aspired to emulate those affable personalities?
Were you attracted by their pleasing traits? Which one impresses you the most? I would love to hear your views.
If you have liked this article, please share it at your favorite social networks.
Have you subscribed to my posts? It is absolutely free. You can do so just now by clicking on ‘follow’.
Thank you for your support. Please add your valuable comments, they are much appreciated.