Is life so distressing? A passing thought, which often gnaws at my nerves…during some dark hours of contemplation.
It is not so always, I reassure myself and it can’t go on like this, empty, bereft of all joy and mirth.
‘Life is not a bed of roses’…this adage never seemed convincing to me when I looked around and saw from the eye of an immature, growing adolescent, whose rosy dreams and soft thoughts… that all is well with the world…considering the small, protective cocoon that I lived in, formed those illusions.
“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
The journey of life actually unfolds its reality when we step into this fiercely competitive, engulfing world; waiting to devour us, defeat all our sincere and honest efforts!
Some disappointments, some frustrations and disillusionments become a part of our journey.
Do we give up? No, we want to explore more.
It becomes more meaningful and challenging…we learn to define our goals, snub some desires and struggle to move ahead with renewed vigor.
But it remains interesting!
Whenever we face the roadblocks, we wonder why is life so tough, why do we have to face a new challenge everyday, why can’t it be smooth sailing?
Nobody answers our questions. We have to figure out the answers.
Sometimes a light within us enlightens us but many times we end up into darker tunnels, fighting the obscure paths to comprehend our desires and goals.
When we emerge successful, we have newer trials…the unending path before us seems so frightening that many times we actually contemplate quitting.
Quitting? A voice within reprimands!
This is the time when the equilibrium is shaken, when anxiety sets in, when stress races ahead and captures us.
Do we fall an easy prey to stress? Many people do but they soon realize that they have to keep a balance and move ahead.
Life moves at its pace yet it seems to be rushing. Isn’t it strange?
Sometimes, it seems that life is just a big vacation – when you nestle in the center of a place, surrounded by pine forests with snow covered peaks staring at you, …with whiffs of peace and contentment all around.
A serenity that coaxes us to slow down, to savor the little moments of joy.
Such a scenario changes our opinion, filling us with new enthusiasm to do something new, something different.
Have you ever felt this exhilaration? The illusionary aspect of life is a significant contributor.
Just look at the ocean, feel its vastness, sit by its side and look at the waves rushing at you. They speak to us, if we can understand the profound lesson each wave leaves for us.
Life is that simple yet seems complicated. However high the wave, it has to touch the shore and surrender! Everything meets a natural end. Every moment around us is so transient! All the hues of life merge into each other. None of them belongs to us.
Life is an amalgamation of:
- Some boring moments – we have to make them interesting.
- Some failures – we have to strive for success.
- Some regrets – we have to move on.
- Some disenchantment – we have to relook at our perspective.
- Some snubs – we have to emerge stronger.
- Some deeper hurts – we have to balance our emotions.
- Some fantasies – we have to remain grounded.
- Get in touch with Nature and spend some time in her lap. Observe the shoots and saplings, the flowers and their smiles, the trees and the withering of leaves. Listen to the music of nature, soak in its grandeur and you will feel life is a huge blessing.
- Meditate and feel connected with yourself, the real self, which unfolds slowly. Let your thoughts flow freely. After a few days, they will learn to phase out and elevate you to a new level – a state of mind, which will be free from all superfluous thoughts.
- Accept life as it comes, welcome all its ups and downs with resilience. Draw energy from positive thoughts and people. Dwell on your blessings. Keep your cool in the face of provocations and disappointments. Embrace your agonizing moments to exorcize them from your life.
How do you remain grounded? What is the meaning of life for you? I would love to hear your views.
If you have liked this article, please share it at your favorite social networks. Mine is twitter. Is it yours too?
Have you subscribed to my posts? It is absolutely free. You can do so just now by clicking on ‘follow’.
Thank you for your support. Please add your valuable comments, they are much appreciated.
Image credit: http://agenciasb.com